4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2009 8:12 PM by DC_Eric2

Contribute shows blank or wraith connections on home page. Why?

RickEEE Level 1

When the Contribute home page appears, several 'wraith' or blank connections appear. These go no where. And, they are multiplying. Why?  How do I fix?

WraithSites.jpg

• 1. Re: Contribute shows blank or wraith connections on home page. Why?
          RickEEE Level 1

Not answered yet, but here is what i've discovered...

• the Contribute home page is located here - C:\Documents and Settings\<your id>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Contribute CS3\Configuration\Content\CCWelcome\welcome.htm
          • if deleted, Contribute recreates one. Wraith sites still appear.
          • the list of sites is generated dynamically.  Now trying to figure out how.
          • 2. Re: Contribute shows blank or wraith connections on home page. Why?
            Freddee

I am not 100% sure, but I believe it gets it from your staging server.

For each site configured on the server there is a folder in the site called "_mm".

I believe Contribute connects to the server and gets the details of the site from the files in this folder.

You should be able to delete this file on the server (take a backup of it just in case)

Also  look at the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\<your id>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Contribute CS3\Sites

It contains the cached details for each site. It must get this from the server because you can delete all the sub-folders and Contribute will recreate them when you start the application next.

So I suggest you delete the sub-folders in "Sites", delete the "_mm" folders from teh server for the sites you dont want and restart CS3.

Hope this puts you on the right track, but as I say I am not 100% certain it will fix your issue.

Cheers

• 3. Re: Contribute shows blank or wraith connections on home page. Why?
              RickEEE Level 1

I have 46 Contribute authors and not all have wraith sites. Because of this, I don't believe it is a server issue.  Interestingly, I and several other Contribute authors started using Dreamweaver, instead.  However it too is crashing regularly (with memory errors) and makes me pause to consider if the problems are related.

Also worth noting is that I had IT recreate my Profile to see what the impact would be.  Three of the 4 wraith sites disappeared, at least for now.... I have no doubt that they will all reappear, one each on successive Contribute startups, just as they did before.

While typing this, I'm sitting here watching Contribute perform the typical synchronization process during startup.  I have to believe that the incredible slowness of this sync process is related in some way - I started up Contribute at 8:30 AM and it's now 10:19 AM. It's still downloading the same template and support files.  ARRGGHHH!!!  

• 4. Re: Contribute shows blank or wraith connections on home page. Why?
                DC_Eric2 Level 1

if you are using cs3 I would suggest removing your connections, then going into regedit

current user, software, adobe, contribute41 and clear out keystore, trusted CPS Server, Admin Servers. Just leave the defaults. This might be different for version 5

then I would create a connection to your site.