2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2009 10:07 AM by Kevin Weapons

Keying Issue

Kevin Weapons

So here's my issue: I have footage of someone on a green background that keys out pretty well using keylight 1.2 in AE CS4. The problem is that they have a logo on the front of their shirt with two small circles of green on it. So how do I go about removing just the green background but keeping the green dots on their shirts? I've looked everywhere for answers and come up empty handed. I figured it had something to do with just masking out that area so that keylight would ignore it but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

• 1. Re: Keying Issue
          Gnurpf Level 1

Select the layer, create a mask around the specific area, set the mode of the mask to "None", then go to the keylight-settings and set the "Inside Mask" to that mask you just created. Rotoscope the mask as needed.

You can also just duplicate the layer, delete the keylight-effect on this one and create masks as needed. In this case, you have more opportunities concerning different masks that can be animated separately with different amounts of feathering.

• 2. Re: Keying Issue
            Kevin Weapons Level 1

Gnurpf,

That worked perfectly. Thanks so much for your help. I figured it wasn't too complicated but for the life of me, I just couldn't figure it out.

Thanks again,

Kevin