3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2008 11:18 PM by kglad

loadClip working and not working

tatiana1
      I have a ver simple loadClip that loads a picture. I noticed that if I execute the same SWF several times, sometimes the loadClip works, sometimes it doesn't without giving me any sort of error message. Here's the code.
        • 1. Re: loadClip working and not working
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          there's no problem with the code you posted.

image.jpg will load, if _root.myMC exists and that jpg is in the same directory as your embedding html file.

the frame that contains that code should only execute once. ie, the playhead should only enter that frame once per swf load.
          • 2. Re: loadClip working and not working
            tatiana1 Level 1
            Hi and thanks for your reply. The frame executes only once, but the function gets called other times in order to change the loaded image. I even added a RemoveMovieClip of the MC that contains the image before loading a new one and yet, 2 out of 5 times, the image doesn't load and I don't even get an error message! I remember reading once that the Loader component has a timeout problem that was corrected with a AS file that continues trying to load the image. Could the LoadClip function have the same problem?
            • 3. Re: loadClip working and not working
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              i've never had a problem with the moviecliploader class and i haven't seen anyone with an mcl problem that's not caused by coder error.

that said, if you're using one target movieclip (_root.myMC) for all your loads, you should disable loading of an image if there's one currently being downloaded.