Not sure why, I haven't run into this issue. But based on your statement, here are some suggestion for you to try.
- If you have another copy of pre-release Catalyst installed, make sure to uninstall it first using Uninstaller (Home > Applications> Adobe Flash Cataylst > Uninstalling Adobe Flash Catalyst.
- If that failed, try run cleanup script
hopefully, it will get you back up running.
Thank you for your suggestions, but neither of those worked.... actually I had already tried them, but I tried them again to no avail.
This is very frustating, I would really like to try Catalyst.
Hi Randy, sorry that didn't help.
Can you give us a bit more details on what you have done or different things you tried so far ?
- Have you had MAX build (or iteration builds) installed on the system before ?
- If you have a MAX build (or iteration builds) installed, how did you uninstall it , and was it successful uninstall?
- Do you have multiple disk mount images (Adobe Flash Catalyst.dmg) on your system during the installation ? If you do, make sure you remove / delete extra copy images.
- When you see the problem dialog, have you try launch the Activity Monitor (Mac HD > Applications> Utilites> Activity Monitor). If you see Adobe Flash Catalyst running, try select it and click on Quit Process button. Then re-launch installer again.
- It does not sound like download image is corrupted, but maybe you can try downloading again if all failed.
I figured this out on my system.
1. When you run the setup, it creates a .log file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers. Look at the bottom lines. In my case it clearly listed an error with the My Pictures folder.
"Error 1324.The path My Pictures contains an invalid character."
2. I did a Google search of the above error and found that since I do photography, I had moved the My Pictures folder to a drive of it's own and for some reason (probably the addtion of more drives) the Windows registry was pointing to the wrong drive and folder name. I manually corrected the error simply by editing the registry entery and correcting the path.
Hopefully the .log file will show what error the installer is encoutering on your system.