1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2009 4:36 AM by Berend0000

Mysql lesson work offline (localhost) how to go online?

Berend0000

Hi, I did a lesson from Irina Dumitrascu http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/first_dynamic_site_pt1.html did lesson one to three.

All was done on Localhost and worked. Learned so much thx. But now???? How do I convert a offline project like this to a working online project.

What I did

I copied all the project files to my server.

Created a MYSQL account and entered user and password and imported the database

Get this message

Warning:  mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'eapproc_root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/eapproac/public_html/Feedback/Connections/feedback_db.php on line 9

Fatal error:  Access denied for user 'eapproc_root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/eapproac/public_html/Feedback/Connections/feedback_db.php on line 9

I think

I think it has to do with the password.

If I my password and id differs a bit from the demo, how and where do I change it and and what file must I reload to the make the project work online.

My password would be like root in the offline project and eapproac_root on the server (take the first 8 letters of my domain name)

thx

berend