I sniffed the network and I found out that everytime the browser crashes, it tries to communicate with the address crl.microsoft.com/pki/crl/products/CSPCA.crl
I don't know what it is.
The link to the problematic website is here.
The site gets the playlist from a PHP script.
This script lists all mp3 files inside a folder and returns the list to the swf.
Is there any problem working this way? It seems IE treats this method as a security problem.
1 person found this helpful
Interesting. I ran the site on my machine and the Data Execution Prevention kicked in and smacked it down, but I acknowledged the modal popup and told WinXP not to report the issue and then IE recovered the tab and the site played anyway.
I tried again and this time it told be it could not recover the tab.
Watching the output in fiddler I am seeing the following.
It doesn't throw the DEP window until well after the php has returned your list so I don't think that's the issue.
I just opened it again in IE8 and the page ran fine.
Something really weird is going on there.
I started using the debug player. The content of the generated file 'flashlog.txt' shows the following line, sometimes very often:
Aviso: não é um tipo de download de player conhecido, http://www.boatekiss.com.br/mp3/01-desaparecidos_-_fiesta_loca_(marchesini_and_farina_remi x).mp3
This can be translated to something like:
Warning: not a known player download type, http://www.boatekiss.com.br/mp3/01-desaparecidos_-_fiesta_loca_(marchesini_and_farina_remi x).mp3
It's really very weird. I can't find anything helpful on the web.
Does the file extension actually end in a + sign?
I didn't notice that in Fiddler when I was looking at it.
By the way it is a kick butt looking site I really like the style.
1 person found this helpful
Hey I did find 2 things about that error.
1. if the MIME type is not registered on the webserver then you can have an issue loading a media file. (Seems unlikely that mp3 is not registered on your webserver, but you might want to check it out.
2. In some cases the flash player will throw an error if the path to a media file is absolute and not relative. I don't know why that would be an issue, but worth a look at I guess.
I tried to use a .htaccess file to make sure the MIME type were registered. It seems to work, but the browser crashed again.
I also tried to change absolute paths to relative, and it also didn't worked.
So I changed my mind and changed the code. Now the playlist is loaded from a xml file, include songname and artist attributes. And now it worked.
My first intention was to drop the mp3 files inside a folder and let the system do the work (get the mp3 ID3 tags), with minimum effort. Now it is necessary to drop the files and to edit the xml file, but at least it is working. That's it!
Thanks for the help! And thanks for the "kick butt looking site"! We enjoyed you liked it!