3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2009 7:54 PM by the_wine_snob

Encore Error during DVD burn

mtechman Level 1

I am getting a error when tryying to burn ny dvd with Encore

PCG "baseball_and_more" has an error at 00;00;00.

Internal software error:0% line basball_and_more -PGC Info name == baseball_and_more ref == Bpgc, time 00;00;00

Anyone know what this is due to?

If I add another clip before the base_ball_and_more then I get the same erro but at 16:45:04

• 1. Re: Encore Error during DVD burn
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Post in the Encore forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/encore

PS First, work through all of the steps here http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the questions at the end of that link

• 2. Re: Encore Error during DVD burn
            Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

mtechman,

Please do start a new thread in the Encore forums.  Even though you will find several threads regarding pgc errors, they became complex, and a new thread will be more helpful to you.

While one CS4 user reported a pgc error, I do not think it is the pgc error that perplexed a number or us in CS3 only.  (Did not happen to anyone that we can identify in  CS2.  Best guess was a combination of hardware and software for particular users.  The exact same assets and project worked fine for users that never experienced this problem.)

Do not attempt to isolate the offending file or to do general troubleshooting until you have posted in Encore and tried some workarounds.  It has generally proven to be a bottomless pit.

There are several workarounds, and the error has different workarounds depending on whether it is a motion menu, a video asset, or a slideshow.

• 3. Re: Encore Error during DVD burn
              the_wine_snob Level 9

When you do follow Stanley's suggestions, please list all aspects of your:

1.) System

2.) Assets

3.) Encore Project

These details will likely help others help you.

Good luck,

Hunt