2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2009 12:51 AM by orca.dev0

BlazeDS deployment on JBoss5

olegkon Level 1

Hi,

I tried to deploy BlazeDS 3.2 to JBoss 5.1.0 by copying the contents

of tomcat/webapps from Turnkey Testdrive on Tomcat6 to jboss/server/default/deploy on JBoss.

Restarted JBoss, it showed few exceptions starting from:

22:13:51,062 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to PostClassLoader: name=vfszip:/C:/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server

/default/deploy/blazeds/WEB-INF/lib/cfgatewayadapter.jar/ state=ClassLoader mode=Manual requiredState=PostClassLoader

org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Cannot process metadata

at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentExcept ion.java:49)

at org.jboss.deployment.AnnotationMetaDataDeployer.deploy(AnnotationMetaDataDeployer.java:18 1)

at org.jboss.deployment.AnnotationMetaDataDeployer.deploy(AnnotationMetaDataDeployer.java:93 )

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployerWrapper.deploy(DeployerWrapper.java:171)

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doDeploy(DeployersImpl.java:1439)

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doInstallParentFirst(DeployersImpl.ja va:1157)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: coldfusion.ColdFusion from BaseClassLoader@1deebc8{VFSClassLoaderPolicy@49c

ab1{name=vfszip:/C:/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/blazeds/WEB-INF/lib/cfgatewayadap ter.jar/ domain=ClassLoaderDom

ain@11a4bd4{name=DefaultDomain parentPolicy=BEFORE parent=org.jboss.bootstrap.NoAnnotationURLClassLoader@1dd7056} roots=

[MemoryContextHandler@10111856[path= context=vfsmemory://5c4o119-f9t84u-fxckar7w-1-fxckbz1l-28 real=vfsmemory://5c4o119-

f9t84u-fxckar7w-1-fxckbz1l-28], DelegatingHandler@30326000[path=blazeds/WEB-INF/lib/cfgatewayadapter.jar context=file:/C

:/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/ real=file:/C:/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/blazeds/WEB-INF/lib/cfgateway

adapter.jar]]  delegates=null exported=[coldfusion.eventgateway.flex.rmi, flex.data.adapters, coldfusion.flex, flex.data

, META-INF] <IMPORT-ALL>NON_EMPTY}}

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseClassLoader.loadClass(BaseClassLoader.java:448)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)

at org.jboss.deployment.OptAnnotationMetaDataDeployer.processJBossClientMetaData(OptAnnotati onMetaDataDeployer.j

ava:115)...

As a result, getting "Unable to connect" on FireFox3.5 http://localhost:8400/

Is there an instruction how to deploy BlazeDS [or LCDS261] (and its samples) on JBoss5 ?

I think, even ROOT directories have to be merged (starting from web.xml and index.html).

Please help !

Thank you,

Oleg.

• 1. Re: BlazeDS deployment on JBoss5
          Rene Szabo

Hi, am using BlazeDS for my Thesis, so I think I now.

The first thing is download the BlazeDS, owns you have the War, now you have to go to you jboss folder and the deploy folder (C:\jboss\server\default\deploy) in here we create a folder named blazeds.war, “yeap, the folders name has a dot” in so now are dir is C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\blazeds.war.

With the Downloaded War we are going to open it like a RAR, so you right click it and say open with  - > winrar. In the war there is going to be a metadata inf and a web inf and am not sure it something else.

Dump al the content in the C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\blazeds.war

There are 2 ways to deploy the java files:
          1. - put all the classes of java in C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\blazeds.war\WEB-INF\classes
          2. - Export all your project like a JAR and put it in C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\blazeds.war\WEB-INF\lib ( THIS IS THE WAY AM DOING IT ) but every time you export the JAR you have to shut down jboss and started again.

The Flex deploy goes C:\jboss\server\default\deploy\blazeds.war\the_flex_deploy

If you need the eclipse configurations just mail me or post that you need it.

Good bye.

René R. Ramírez S.
          Blog: http://developyourdream.blogspot.com
          Caracas - Venezuela

• 2. Re: BlazeDS deployment on JBoss5
            orca.dev0

Hello Olegkon,

I had the same problem. Did you find any solution ?

Thanks