4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2009 10:51 AM by Ann Bens

Transition missing!

DrummerBehavior

Hi, while i was working on a projenct and reopend the Adobe Premiere CS 4 project file, this messege has accured :  "Video Transition missing:  ADBE GPU SphereTrans"

and the transition i used "sphere" was not working.

can anyone please help? upload the transition .aex file? i would be very greatful!!!

• 1. Re: Transition missing!
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Not with the details supplied.

Some suggestions

• 2. Re: Transition missing!
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Interesting. When I have been missing Transitions (usually 3rd party ones), PrPro will throw a similar error, but give me the exact Timecode for where that Transition was used. It usually gives me the name of the missing Transition, like your error message. I just go to that spot in the Timecode and replace with similar that I might have. This often happens when work has been done on a Project by another editor, and he/she used something that I do not have. I've never had a failure to Open, or Import a Project.

If this is a default Transition in PrPro CS4, you might be able to actually find it on the installation disc, or do a Repair Installation. Starts like a regular installation, but after initialization will survey the system. When it finds all of your suite, it will then offer to "Uninstall" (do not choose this one), or "Repair Install" (choose this one). All broken or missing components will be installed.

If you have AE, you might check to see if you have this one there, and just copy over.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Transition missing!
              DrummerBehavior Level 1

Thanks allot for your help!!

But i already tried to repair, even reinstall it still this message, the only way of fixing it is by putting a different dissolve and i rather not since it's a generic movie we give to different clients.

I tried to look for this transition in the different folders but no luck.

It's really strange, as if this one never exsiccated.

again, thank you very much for all your help!

• 4. Re: Transition missing!
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you change graficscard in the meantime?