Expand my Community achievements bar.

Automatic vs Custom tabbing

Level 2

Hi,

We're currently uploading forms to a third party vendor.  A form's tabbing can be customized to a particular order which works fine when viewed in Adobe.

However it does not retain the tabbing order when the form is uploaded; it seems to regress to the "Automatic" setting.  So, my first question is can I attach the order to the form so that uploading the form retains its customised order?

I've tried to alter textbox coordinates so that one control is "higher" or the same as another.  This works if the order goes from left to right.  However, I have a form where the order travels vertically through one column.  When it reaches the bottom, the next location is the top of the next column and that's where I have a problem.  I hope this makes sense.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Paul

6 Replies

Former Community Member

I just tried it here ...I set a Custom tab order and emailed the file to myself. When I open the sent one the tab order was maintained.

Can you post your form so we can see what you have done?

Paul

Level 2

Paul,

When you say 'open', did you open it in some viewing version of Adobe?  If so then yes that does work.  My problem is I don't have my order maintained in our third party vendor.

We are in dialogue with them but don't have the answer yet.

Apart from setting the tab order using 'Automatic' and setting the order as my controls are placed, I don't know what else I can do.  And that only gives me an order of L to R.

thanks,

Paul

Level 2

Yes, that's a good question!  That's what we're trying to find out.  It's viewer seems to be encapsulated in the GUI.  Would a previous version of Acrobat not maintain tabbing?

I used LiveCycle 8.2.1.3.144.1.471865 to design the forms.  All static forms (otherwise they won't load).

Former Community Member

Version 7 and better should preserve the tabbing ...unless they are using somebody else's viewer. Once you find out let us know.

Paul