4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2009 4:07 AM by feiy

Flash Builder 4 (Linux)

rfkrocktk Level 1

Is there a planned Linux version of Flash Builder? I've been using the FB3 alpha release for a long time now, and I'm hoping that FB4 will be released for Linux. I'm sure there are many out there who are more than willing to pay for it.

Flash Builder for Linux would be one more step toward making it possible to easily develop Flash Platform applications on any operating system. I know it's possible to do this via the Flex SDK, but IDE support speeds development time by a LOT.

• 1. Re: Flash Builder 4 (Linux)
          feiy Level 1

hi,don't waiting....

this is a port version for linux:

a project to port the Adobe Flash Builder to Linux

http://code.google.com/p/fb4linux/

5743DD63A35ABC2510F000CA414EDFD8_500.jpg

• 2. Re: Flash Builder 4 (Linux)
            David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

I doubt that you will see Flashbuilder for linux until there is some concrete evidence that the shows the linux market is commercially viable. With linux struggling to maintain a 2% desktop market share and even less if you only count the main stream distros its an indicator that there isn't much of a market out there for commercially based gui development tools. One would have to ask why has Flexbuilder been around in alpha for so long ?, I think the answer to that would also be the same answer to 'will Flashbuilder be available for Linux'. I might be wrong but if I was a share holder in a software company that was about to invest in the linux desktop market i would be dumping those shares faster than i could dial the number of my broker.

David.

• 3. Re: Flash Builder 4 (Linux)
              David_F57 Level 5

hi,don't waiting....

this is a port version for linux:

a project to port the Adobe Flash Builder to Linux

Hmmmm, and how exactly do you 'port' commercial software, Flex SDK is open source so sure you could develop  a gumbo ide for the sdk but all those features beyond the sdk that actually are what Flashbuilder is about come out of Adobe you can't have a (one-long-dhonge) version of Flashbuilder with Adobe trade marks your post shouldn't even be here in the forums.

David.

• 4. Re: Flash Builder 4 (Linux)
                feiy Level 1

闲云孤鹤 - 清冷香中抱膝吟

Now adobehas abandoned support for linux user,so the fb4linuxis only

temporary to meet the needs of linux developers and not for commercial

purposes of infringement

If adobe  mind, then such  project'll can not continue, because I had port

an unofficial flexbuilder 3 for linux(At that time, not yet an official

linux version released), when adobe does not mind, but also on the labs site

, given for  the needs of linux users of my an unofficial flexbuilder 3 for

linux