7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2009 9:06 PM by commalot

What is the best video format to export my project in??

Uniquecustoms

It has been awhile since I took classes on video editing (roughly since 2004), but I have been brushing up my editing skills so I can make a video for my business. I am remembering most of the stuff I learned from a few years ago, but there are a couple things I am not getting right. This is my main problem....

When I have the video in Premiere (before I export it) the quality looks great, nice and clear, but when I export it the quality looks very poor. I have tried exporting it in WMV and MPG format and both look fairly bad...the WMV is a little better but not much. There are so many different format options when you are exporting, I have no idea what would be the best quality. Can anyone help me with this? It seems like its a matter of matching up the right format settings, but I am just getting confused when I try to figure this out. I used a Panasonic PV-GS300 Mini DV camera for all this footage, so Im sure its not going to be amazing, but I think it should be clearer than what it is. I really appreciate the help! I can show you the video quality if that helps, just let me know. Thank you,

Andrew