1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2009 10:46 PM by richarddonna

AVCHD problems

Weebled

Hello.

Working on Production Premium, recently installed.  Using a Canon HG-10, AVCHD, filming at the highest resolution (1920x1080) in 24 frames per second.

Now, I know AVCHD has some issues, and if this issue can't be resolved, I can get Cineform Neoscene and just work with it that way.  However, it's doing something goofy that I wonder if there's some sort of import setting I need to fix.

I imported some sample clips to work with and see how they work.  Opened the project properly, selected the correct format and such.  When I play them straight from the camera to a TV, they look perfect.  However, when they play in the preview pane, there is some flashing and glitching in the video.  When I look at the properties of the clip, it says that the clip is in 30 frames per second and 1440x1080.  I know for a fact that they were all filmed 1920x1080 24p, and I don't understand why it doesn't read them right.  I took a small 5 second segment and rendered it, and it played fine.  I'm confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.