3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2009 11:03 PM by DawMatt

LIstbox_View or table_View

kc2scy

Hello all,

I been studying the the sdk guide and went through a couple of the example. What I didn’t see is any support for a list box (multiples column) or a table view (like a spreadsheet)?

I was wondering if I missed something in the guide or theses containers are not supported?

I needed to create a interface the display some information in one theses type of containers..

Thanks

Mike

• 1. Re: LIstbox_View or table_View
          DawMatt Level 3

Mike_Colonna wrote:

I was wondering if I missed something in the guide or theses containers are not supported?

Hi Mike,

I believe the current release of the SDK doesn't include a pre-packaged table UI element for you.  Instead you need to emulate this using rows and columns.

One of the more recent threads talking about dynamic view elements highlighted an approach for dynamically constructing UI contents by declaring a variable then referencing this when specifying your view contents.  Modifications to the value of that variable then dynamically change your UI.  I haven't had a need to test this, but I believe that is how it works.

Thanks,

Matt

• 2. Re: LIstbox_View or table_View
            kc2scy Level 1

Thanks Matt,

Will give this a try..

Mike

• 3. Re: LIstbox_View or table_View
              DawMatt Level 3

As a followup, I tried to test this approach using the dynamic creation of dialogs feedback here and didn't have much luck.

I think the most complete examples of these types of controls I've seen can be found on Jeffrey Friedl's site (surprise, surprise).  Specifically the Metadata Presets plugin and the Preview Cache plugin.  Both are closed source but they might give you an idea on how to tackle this.  Or you could just ask him how he did it if one of his plugins does what you are trying to do.

Matt