3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2008 4:24 PM by Newsgroup_User

trouble changing text color

teacherindistress
      I'm very new to this dreamweaver thing...and i'm NOT good at code either. Whenver I have text selected and try to change the text color (either using property inspector or text drop down menu)....it does NOT take effect. It just leaves it at the default black. HELP!!!
        • 1. Re: trouble changing text color
          Level 7
          .oO(teacherindistress)

>I'm very new to this dreamweaver thing...and i'm NOT good at code either.

You should get a good book about HTML and CSS first. You _must_ at least
          learn some basics before you start a project with DW.

>Whenver I have text selected and try to change the text color (either using
          >property inspector or text drop down menu)....it does NOT take effect. It just
          >leaves it at the default black. HELP!!!

Whenever we say that people should post URLs so that we can see what may
          be wrong....it does NOT take effect. It just leaves us at our default
          guessing. Not really helpful at all!!!

Micha
          • 2. trouble changing text color
            teacherindistress Level 1
            I have 7 macbooks that this color problem is NOT happening on, and 2 that it IS happening on.....i've been through "dreamweaver in a day" and know the beginnings of dreamweaver as well as CSS...so i guess i'm not completely new to this.....but i do not understand why on some computers changing the font color is no problem and two computers it is doing all of the formatting except color???
            • 3. Re: trouble changing text color
              Level 7
              Hello,

Without a link to see what you did, we have no idea either.
              Can you post a link or show us your code?

Take care,
              Tim

"teacherindistress" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gb6dgh$q9e$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >I have 7 macbooks that this color problem is happening on, and 2 that it IS
              > happening on.....i've been through "dreamweaver in a day" and know the
              > beginnings of dreamweaver as well as CSS...so i guess i'm not completely
              > new to
              > this.....but i do not understand why on some computers changing the font
              > color
              > is no problem and two computers it is doing all of the formatting except
              > color???
              >