2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2009 7:27 AM by Codester99

TileList with one item drags from empty space?

Codester99

I have a TileList that is 300 wide and has a single image with a width and height of 48. The problem I'm having is that the empty area to the right of the image is being treated as part of the image. I can drag and drop from this empty space and I also get itemRollOver events when mousing over the empty space. Any way I can change this behavior? I've been Googling for almost 2 hours and I can't seem to find a solution. Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: TileList with one item drags from empty space?
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6

Maybe simplified yet complete sample code, and a bit more detailed description of the problem. I do not fully understand.

• 2. Re: TileList with one item drags from empty space?
            Codester99 Level 1

Well, here's my TileList control. I'm not sure how it will help. Again, the result is that one image is inserted into the TileList. The image is much smaller than the TileList itself, which leaves space to the right and below the image. The space to the right of the image is still treated as the item, even those it's specified as 48x48. See below image. I should note as well that I've played with the column counts and column widths and it doesn't seem to change the behavior.

<mx:TileList x="10" y="0" columnWidth="52" rowHeight="52" direction="horizontal" allowMultipleSelection="false" id="InventoryTiles" width="543" height="256" themeColor="#F7F7F7" itemRollOver="showTileToolTip(event);" itemRollOut="hideTileToolTip(event);" mouseOver="inventoryDrag(event);" paddingLeft="0" paddingRight="0" paddingTop="0" paddingBottom="0" variableRowHeight="false">
            <mx:itemRenderer>
            <mx:Component>
            <mx:Image width="48" height="48" source="{data.Item.InventoryImg}" autoLoad="true"/>
            </mx:Component>
            </mx:itemRenderer>
            </mx:TileList>

TileListIssue.jpg