4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2009 8:37 AM by Metalord

Flash movie messed up

Metalord

Well, here's my problem I made a short animation when I play it on the timeline it looks fine but when I test it, it jumps between a few frames which are nothing like the ones I made. I've attached the final version because it won't let me attach the editable document please look at it and tell me what the problem is. Also the actionscript won't work and when I try to debug it, it says that there is no actionscript. I am new to cs4 and have a small ammount of experience in flash itself. If you need the editable document please tell me how I can send it to you. I don't know if it's my computer that is the problem.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Flash movie messed up
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What you are showing and describing won't lead to getting much help.  Since you say it is a short animaton, can you describe what it should be doing?  You say it has actionscript, so can you post the actionscript here and describe how it is planted in the file?

• 2. Re: Flash movie messed up
            Metalord Level 1

Well the background is a simple door and it's focused on the doorknob, a key floats over the doorknob in a 3d fashion and then goes into the keyhole turns using the 3d animation and then falls out, the door opens using 3d animation showing a black background with a white circle in the middle that's all. It didn't work even when there was no actionscript. The actionscript is all on its own layer in the first frame. player is the button that you would push to start the movie. Like I said I have a very small amount of experience in flash. I can send you the fla. version if you tell me how. Thank you for taking a look.

stop();

player.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, gotoMovie);

function gotoMovie(event:MotionEvent):void

{

play();

}

• 3. Re: Flash movie messed up
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If it's a CS4 file I won't be able to look at it, and if it uses CS4 3d features, you won't be able to save it to something I can open.  How is your animation set up along the timeline?  Do you use movieclips to animate portions of it or is it all a main timeline animation?  It is possible that whatever timeline tweens you might have created are not done correctly, but, again, if it's CS4, I am not familiar with what (or why) they changed for doing timeline tweens.  The only advice I can offer is that any object being tweened has to be an indivudual item, and the same item must exist at both ends of that tween.

One error in the code you showed...

stop();

player.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, gotoMovie);

function gotoMovie(event:MouseEvent):void

{

play();

}

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Flash movie messed up
                Metalord Level 1

Thank you its seems I may just have to scrap it thank you for your help though.