3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2009 12:33 PM by Jose7822

Can I do this with Premier?

Jose7822

Hey guys!

I know you can export videos into .f4v or .flv formats, but I need them to be in .swf format.  There are a few free .swf converters out there but I want to make sure I'm not just dowloading software and not get the results I want.  To cut to the chaze, this is what I want:

http://www.killzone.com/

(Enter a random date and country - it doesn't really matter as long as you're over 17 in the selection).

I want to make something similar to the video on the top left of this page.  This is for my website of course.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advanced!

• 1. Re: Can I do this with Premier?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Typically, you export .flv out of Premiere, and then bring that into Flash for .swf authoring.

This is simiar to the DVD workflow where you export out .m2v files from Premiere and bring them into Encore for DVD authoring.

But for quick and easy web video, I use a program called V2F.  Can't recommend it highly enough.

• 2. Re: Can I do this with Premier?
            Keith_Andrews Level 1

As Jim said, using Adobe Flash to import the .flv and create a .swf file is the typical workflow for that process, but if you just want to convert .flv files that you've exported from Premiere into .swf files, I suggest Super Converter by eRightSoft.  It is a free download, and is one of the best all around converters that I have worked with.

• 3. Re: Can I do this with Premier?
              Jose7822 Level 1

Thanks guys!

I checked out both apps and, even though V2F is not very expensive, you can't beat free :-P.  Now I wanna know what is a good bitrate for flash videos that would give me a balance between best quality and good streaming size.  The videos I wanna make aren't long, maybe 30 secs long, so I might be able to get away with a bigger size to maintain quality, right?

Take care!