• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project file not being displayed in Project Files folder

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an html project file that is not showing up in my Project Files folder in the Project Manager pane.  The file is actually there in the project since it displays and works properly in the preview and in the generated layout, it's just not showing up for some weird reason.  I tried importing the file, but since it is already there I got an error message telling me that it was already in the project.  The problem is that since I can't see it in the list, I can't edit it.  I switched computers yesterday and ported all my files over and then reinstalled RoboHelp, so I imagine something funky happened there that is causing this, but since everything else seems to be working fine, I can't figure out what it is with this one file.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the project closed, try renaming the CPD file in the root of the project. Reopen the project and see if that has fixed it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, sorry, didn't work.  Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to what my colleague Peter has offered, I would ask if you recall seeing the dialog below at any point.

tmp1.png

If so, you may have enabled the "Don't notify me again." option. In this case, you wouldn't see the dialog any longer. The thing is, if your topic is referenced in your project in an incorrect manner, this can happen and cause the precise situation you are describing.

If you feel this is possibly the case, Peter has information on his site that will assist in getting the dialog to show again.

Click here and review Snippet number 13.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that dialog didn't appear.  I don't know that that would be the problem though because, as I mentioned, the generated file works fine, everything links like it's supposed to.  If I open the folder on my hard drive with the project closed, I can see the html file and I can open the individual file in explorer, no problem and everything works fine from there. I'd almost be willing to work with the raw html code except RoboHelp generates a lot of code I am unfamiliar with and I'd be afraid to mess something up.  Besides, I shouldn't have to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Nope, sorry, didn't work.  Thanks anyway." Is that in response to the renaming of the CPD?

Try going to Tools > Reports and generating a report of the used files. Does the file appear there?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the files does appear in the list of used files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if all you need to do is import the topic's HTM file.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the first thing I tried.  Didn't work.  The bizarre thing about all this is that according to everything the file is there, it's just not showing up in that list.  If there was a way I could get to it and edit it even if it didn't show up in the Project Manager pane, I'd be happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK here's another tidbit.  I viewed all reports and "Solution Areas 1" my topic shows up on all of them except one.  On the "Topics by Priority" list it's missing as well, may not mean anything, but ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now I feel like a complete idiot.  I did a view by File Name rather that Topic Title and my file showed up, how stupid am I?  Sorry about that, it just never occurred to me to check that.  Problem with my knowing just enough to be dangerous I suppose. Thanks for all your help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't worry, we've all done similar things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this'll help.  I tried to create a new topic named the same thing as my missing topic just to prove to myself it was in the project folder and this is what I got.  As you can see, I'm using RoboHelp as a web editor - works pretty well for that actually.

RoboScreen.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp