7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2009 6:55 PM by the_wine_snob

Premiere elements 7  - adding clips

blonde and thick

I have just got premiere elements and cannot understand how to see all the clips I have added into the Sceneline; all I ever see is the first clip I added , although the clips are see in the Timeline.

Can anyone tell me how to view ALL clips in the Sceneline please.

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 7  - adding clips
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Tell us about the files, and where they come from. It is likely that they have DD 5.1 Audio, as this will cause the Clips to "stack" in Sceneline View. Switch to Timeline View and see if all of your Clips are arranged there. Also, check (you'll probably have to scroll) where the Audio for those Clips is located. My guess would down at the last Audio Track and that they are 5.1 SS Audio.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 7  - adding clips
            blonde and thick Level 1

Wow, ty Spot on. The clips are all Stacked in Timeline view and the audio is 5.1 SS but does that mean I wont be able to see them all in the Sceneline view?

ty for replying,

Jemma

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 7  - adding clips
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Jemma,

Unfortunately, I do not have the answer for you. I never use Sceneline View, and only know of this behavior from the forum. Steve, or Paul_LS will have to address working with those Clips in Sceneline View. Sorry.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS one of those two (or others) will stop by with the definitive answer for you. In the meantime, you can do so very much more, regarding the editing in Timeline View, that I'd use it, until the Sceneline View deal is sorted.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Premiere elements 7  - adding clips
                blonde and thick Level 1

Thank you Hunt. Hopefully it will get sorted, at least I know its not me being silly.

Jemma

xxxxxx

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 7  - adding clips
                  Paul_LS Level 4

If your clips are high definition AVCHD 5.1 audio then start a project with the appropriate AVCHD 5.1 audio project preset, You will be able to see your clips in the Sceneline view then. However, if your clips are are not AVCHD but standard definition with 5.1 audio you will need to work in Timeline view as there are no 5.1 audio standard definition project presets.

• 6. Re: Premiere elements 7  - adding clips
                    blonde and thick Level 1

Thank you so much Paul, changing the audio preset to AVCHD 5.1 worked a treat.

You may regret being helpful as I only just got my camcorder and Adobe Premiere so I suggest you dont log in here again, hahahaha, or I may have left zillions of questions.

Blonde & thick is very descriptive - should have added English too.

Love Jemma

XXXXXXXXXX

• 7. Re: Premiere elements 7  - adding clips
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

So glad that you are up and editing.

Paul_LS is a real asset to this forum, especailly with regards to HD material.

Now, I do not hold it against him, that he's in the UK. What I do hold against him is that he won't join me for a "pint," when we're at our flat in Mayfair. Maybe he has a "thing" against "yanks." [Of course you know that I am kidding - big time. Of course I am NOT kidding about Paul_LS's contributions to this forum.]

Thanks for reporting, and do not hesitate to drop back, should you have any other issues.

Hunt