• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate Outlook Contact import/export?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2008 Aug 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of developing a contact management system for my company and have built coldfusion pages that allow the user to import their personal contacts from outlook, as well as export contacts from the system into their MS Outlook contacts.

The process is fairly simple on the users (in my mind) but it requires using Outlook's import/export function, which is about 6 or 7 steps. My users would of course like to have this process simplified.

Is it possible to have a button on one of my pages that automates the entire process? i.e. creates the csv file (or whatever other format is needed) and then automatically pushes that data into outlook (and vice versa) ?

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Outlook users are using Exchange you might look into ColdFusion's Exchange features.
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=cfexchange_1.html#1120458

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I need...didn't realize this tag existed. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export VCF Import VCF for Outlook software is a swift third-party application that performs dual functions i.e. VCF to Outlook Conversion and export Outlook contacts in VCF. You can use osttopstapp.com/vcard-export-import.html vCard Export Import. The application is so easy to handle that it needs no extra tool to perform the conversion. The tool is packed with various features to perform VCF to Outlook conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation