2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2008 6:46 AM by JohnV11

Ie7 CTRL+Mouse Wheel CHM Help

JohnV11
      Hello,

We've just upgraded to IE7 and discovered that the CTRL + Mouse Wheel does not change the font size (i.e. smaller to larger) in chm files as it did when IE6 was installed.

CTRL + Mouse Wheel has no effect in chm files any longer as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know why this is and if there is a way to make it work again?

Thanks
      John
        • 1. Re: Ie7 CTRL+Mouse Wheel CHM Help
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi John. I don't pretend to have the answers as I have never needed to use this functionality. Interestingly it does work when viewing a webpage in IE7 so this is something to do with the Microsoft HTML Workshop that RH uses to compile the CHM. You could test this by compiling in this rather than RH and see if the same occurs. If it does, make sure you have the latest version.
          • 2. Re: Ie7 CTRL+Mouse Wheel CHM Help
            JohnV11 Level 1
            Hi Colum,

Yes, I agree it's not robohelp. BTW, we are using X5.

In IE7 ctrl+mouse wheel does work. However, it is changing the zoom factor and not the View | Text Size (from the menu bar) as it did in IE6 and prior.

I noticed that when accessing help in IE7 from the menu or F1, ctl+mouse wheel does work, changing the zoom factor. However, if I open iexplorer.chm from c:\windows\help from explorer, ctrl+mouse wheel does not work.

Does anyone know how it is working from within IE7?

Thanks
            John