Seeing as you just installed, have you appliled the update? Click Help > Updates... to check. If that option fails, try visiting the updates page at the link below:
Helpful and Handy Links
"Adobe Acrobat 9 loads/configures. [Question- Why does this happen every time, and can I stop?]"
I had this happen and what seemed to come to pass was the registation # became corrupt/missing. As if you had the 30 trial and it was day 31.
Re-registered fixed this for me.
are you using 64-bit Vista. It has been suggested there are some issues with Cp adn 64 bit OS's. (Note sure if the update fixes this)
I'ts vista 32 bit
This problem was driving me nuts for a few days with various solutions along the same lines. I was getting the problem you describe as well as not being able to record. And then I found this on another thread here:1. Close Captivate
2. Run 'command prompt (cmd)' in Admin mode
3. Go to the directory where Captivate-4 is installed
4. Run 'regsvr32 NSAudio.dll'
5. You should get a message 'registration of dll successful'
6. Now launch Captivate-4 again and execute your test.(all cred to mtoya)This solved both my problems. The big difference in this solution is the second half of point 2. That's what did it for me.Hope it helps/dave