• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Author Only annotations in a help project?

Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

While working in RH6 I just realised I'd thought of an enhancement to Robohelp, and want to check if it might have been added to RH8 (currently waiting for bureaucratic wheels to turn on my RH8 request, and have run out of PCs to install RH8 Trial on. )

I find myself adding notes for documentation team at the top of topics, such as "when you update this topic, don't forget to update in this location as well" and "performed a numbering hack to work around conditional tagging issue, so be careful updating" and so forth. I use a "DocoNotes" tag and exclude that tag from all builds.

However, I get worried that something will go wrong at some point, and these comments will make it into a version, and then all our users will laugh at us.

So I was thinking an annotation pod would be really nice, where we could add comments purely for the documentation team, which are immediately obvious when you enter the topic - or at least available at a hover. (I have seen the Comments field in the Topic Properties, but a pod would be so much more elegant, don't you think?)

So does anyone know if this is available in RH8? If not, I'll submit an enhancement request for it.

Thanks,

Amber

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic Properties > Status Tab > Comments.

It has been there for years. They don't make it into the output. Use Ctrl Enter for line breaks.

Yes you have to remember to look so a pod would suit some authors. You can submit a feature request here.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured that was the case, but thought I'd check, seeing as how Adobe have been madly adding nifty features recently and I thought of this one after my trial ran out.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp