1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2010 9:39 AM by Eisley79

how do you clear giant Library Paths folder in CS4

Eisley79

Flash CS4 Professional:

(Windows)

Edit->Preferences->Actionscript->Actionscript 3.0 Settings

On this page are listed Source, Library, and External Library lists.  I am working on a large flash project with hundreds of files.  It appears that CS4 caches a copy of my fla's similarily named folders here, EVERY time I publish my files.  These lists are now hundreds and hundreds of items long.  I want to clear these lists, but the only option I can find is the minus sign.

Is there a way to wipe these lists clean, or, does anyone know an external xml file or such (i have serached), where this data is stored so I can manually remove it.

• 1. Re: how do you clear giant Library Paths folder in CS4
          Eisley79 Level 1

while i am on, might as well post the answer for this:

These terrible paths massively slow down compile times in CS4 (though seem to have less effect in cs5).  Every time you ever package, flash caches all possible paths.  They can only be effectively cleared (when there are more than a couple entries) by wiping them out in the registry:

CS4:

=====

HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Adobe->Flash10->ActionInspector

set "AS3 Library Paths" and "AS3 Package Paths" both to blank (clear what's there and press ok)

CS5:

=====

HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Adobe->Flash11->ActionInspector

set "AS3 Library Paths" and "AS3 Package Paths" both to blank (clear what's there and press ok)

(in order to edit your registry type "regedit" in the run window and hit enter.  Save the appropriate path above as a favourite to quickly get there for frequent cleaning/clearing)