4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 1:16 PM by saram_dean

Best way to create interactive tooltip?

Michael Hovey Level 1

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or proven methods for creating interactive tooltips (e.g. tooltips with one or two buttons)?

• 1. Re: Best way to create interactive tooltip?
          Virat Patel Level 2

Hello

Check out the attached file.

In one of my application i need to create some custom tooltip for it. I m not sure that it is what you require

but may help you.

In this i have created custom tooltip with label and button control with skining.

Thanks

Virat Patel

• 2. Re: Best way to create interactive tooltip?
            Michael Hovey Level 1

That's similar to what I want, however, I can't seem to reach the button in the tooltip before the tooltip disappears. Is there an easy way to keep the tooltip up if the mouse is over it?

• 3. Re: Best way to create interactive tooltip?
              Virat Patel Level 2

Hi

That sample show that how we can use custom tooltip.

As you said tooltip disappears when mouse is out of UI control it default behaviour for each UI control.

I think you have to use popup window as tooltip to access control (i.e. Button) inside in tooltip

Because if you use custm control than its disappears when you mouse out of UI control

With Regards

Virat Patel

• 4. Re: Best way to create interactive tooltip?
                saram_dean

I found this in the adobe labs:

closeOnTooltipLeaveThe content within the "tooltip" element may contain links or other interactive elements. Using this option will keep the "tooltip" element open even if the mouse leave the "trigger" element until the mouse leaves the "tooltip" element. If set to 'false', the "tooltip" element will close when the mouse exits from the "trigger" area.

Note:It is recommended when enabling this option to also use the hideDelay option to allow the necessary time for the mouse to go over the "tooltip" element.
                falseBoolean: true or false

In Dreamweaver, I went to the SpryTooltip.js file, and located this code:

"this.closeOnTooltipLeave = false;"

I changed the value to true, and the tooltip stays open until my mouse leaves the tooltip, not just the trigger."

Hope that helps!