21 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2009 11:55 AM by the_wine_snob

Helppp

wooo14

I used cs3 a while back and it wouldnt work right for me either, now cs4 wont

whenever i import a clip(avi) the audio plays out of sync with the video, but now whenever i import any clips, the audio plays but the video just stays still and wont play at all.

im really starting to get pissed with premiere

• 1. Re: Helppp
          wooo14 Level 1

I forgot to say all the clips play fine on my computer

• 2. Re: Helppp
            Harm Millaard Level 7
            im really starting to get pissed with premiere

Wrong organisation to put the blame on. It is your own fault, using material unsuitable for editing. Convert to DV AVI type2 before trying to edit.

Some suggestions

• 3. Re: Helppp
              wooo14 Level 1

Oh, well my bad, i could have sworn it worked fine in cs3, anyways, what converter can convert to that cause i've never of heard that  hahah

EDIT: I forgot to say its a digital camera, it has SD cards not tapes..

• 4. Re: Helppp
                Jim_Simon Level 8

its a digital camera

http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/images2007/smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow.gif

• 5. Re: Helppp
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

Read the link I gave you by clicking on it. Repeat that for all included links.

• 6. Re: Helppp
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

wooo14 wrote:

Oh, well my bad, i could have sworn it worked fine in cs3, anyways, what converter can convert to that cause i've never of heard that  hahah

EDIT: I forgot to say its a digital camera, it has SD cards not tapes..

You need to do a LOT of reading to learn about what it is you are trying to do

go to http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/ADOBE.HTM and click the link in my notes for tutorials

go to each tutorial and read

• 7. Re: Helppp
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

It's your source material.

This LINK will tell you how to convert it to something that PrPro can use.

This LINK will tell you more about AVI files, in general.

Once you have converted your source footage, make sure that your Project/Sequence Presets match your newly converted footage.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Helppp
                        wooo14 Level 1

Soo i need to get g-spot, and use that, then either download the codecs it says, or convert to dv avi type 2?

and for after effects, will i have to do the same?

heres a screenshot of the video.

http://i26.tinypic.com/157olya.jpg

• 9. Re: Helppp
                          Harm Millaard Level 7

If you don't understand how to use GSpot, CS4 may be way over your head. Either get some video education or use more consumer software, like WMM or Magix.

• 10. Re: Helppp
                            wooo14 Level 1

I figured out i was looking at the wrong thing,

• 11. Re: Helppp
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Ah, Motion JPEG. For that, you will likely want the MainConcept, or the Morgan CODEC.

Especially with the MainConcept MJPEG CODEC properly installed, you might even be able to edit without having to convert outside of PrPro. It has worked for many. Even if you do need to convert, you will need this CODEC, from one of those two sources.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 12. Re: Helppp
                                wooo14 Level 1

okay, it installed to a folder in the c drive, do i need to do anything else to it or should i be good?

• 13. Re: Helppp
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                                  okay, it installed to a folder in the c drive, do i need to do anything else to it or should i be good?

Just to make sure I am on the same page with you, I am assuming that you are talking about one of the two MJPEG CODEC's. Is that right?

I'm not sure what would install into a folder on your C:\ drive, unless it's maybe an uninstaller module, and maybe the base code for the OS to reference. The installation should write to your Registry, and then the CODEC will be available at boot up. Do reboot your machine.

I'd first try to Import the MJPEG footage into PrPro and see how it edits. For most, it's fine with no problems. A few have still had issues, but those might be specific to their system, or their exact footage.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 14. Re: Helppp
                                    wooo14 Level 1

wait, do i have to install the mainconcept AND the morgan one?

all i did was download the mainconcept .exe and installed it.

i did what the second Q&A here http://www.mainconcept.com/site/prosumer-products-4/motion-jpeg-codec-785/faqs-794.html?0= said, but there was only realtek high definition audio under the sound and video tree

• 15. Re: Helppp
                                      the_wine_snob Level 9
                                      wait, do i have to install the mainconcept AND the morgan one?

No, it's an either/or situation. Either will work well, though the MainConcept gets a bit higher marks from users. If you followed the instructions from MainConcept, you should be good to go, after a reboot.

Also, Adobe uses MainConcept CODEC's for about everything else that it does, so I like "keeping it all in the family."

Good luck,

Hunt

• 16. Re: Helppp
                                        wooo14 Level 1

Ahh, it worked, thank you so much.

• 17. Re: Helppp
                                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                                          Ahh, it worked, thank you so much.

Those words are music to my tired old ears.

Good luck, and please report back, when you're put the MJPEG through it's paces. Remember to use a Project/Sequence Preset that MATCHES your source footage. That is where G-Spot will come in handy, to give you the full details. You MAY need to set the Project/Sequence up as a Desktop Project, to allow you to tailor things like Frame Size and Frame Rate to match.

Hunt

• 18. Re: Helppp
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

If it continues to work for you, please don't forget my "Points."

And a nod!

Good luck,

Hunt

• 19. Re: Helppp
                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

As an aside, where are the MJPEG files coming from - Nikon D-90 maybe? If so, there are several threads on D-90 footage, that you might find useful. I do not have any links to these handy, but a Search of the forum for "D90" should turn them up. Most are very recent, and might make for interesting reading. Besides the MJPEG aspect, there were other discussions in these threads too.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 20. Re: Helppp
                                                wooo14 Level 1

the videos are from a polaroid i531, and i was looking for some kind of points thing but i still cant seem to find it, hahah

• 21. Re: Helppp
                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                  the videos are from a polaroid i531,

Thanks. Now I can tuck that camera away in my mind, incase it crops up in another thread. At least I'll have the answer more quickly for the next person.

Appreciated,

Hunt

PS the "points" thing was just a good-natured jab at Harm Millard. He and I have a running joke on those points. The important thing is that you can get to editing, and have likely helped another PrPro, or PE user, with that last bit of info. I'll give you attributes, if I use that data in the future.