2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2008 1:46 PM by Kevin Elmore

Easy way to copy over Conditional Builds?

Kevin Elmore Level 1
      Hello, I am looking for help in copying over Conditional Builds.

Some background: I have a large project of about 1400 topics. We keep the archives on the network, but I copy the project over to my desktop for publish and then copy back out to the network. Due to RoboHelp hanging up and not responding while trying to publish to a WebHelp SSL, I have concluded that my project is now corrupt. I even deleted the XPJ file and created a new one by opening the HHP file. Alas, my WebHelp is hosed.

So, we are restoring the project by using an older version. The problem is that the older version does not reflect the 2 days of work I spent on assigning each and every topic its own Conditional Build Tag. I would really rather not have to repeat that work.

So my question is this: Is there a way to apply the Build Tags in the current version to the older version? I assume there is a definition file in there, but I'm not sure where it is.

If such a solution exists, I'd be most grateful.

Kevin
        • 1. Re: Easy way to copy over Conditional Builds?
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          I wouldn't give up on the old project yet.

You can open it without problems?

Can you generate a CHM without problems?

• 2. Re: Easy way to copy over Conditional Builds?
            Kevin Elmore Level 1
            Your suggestion to not give up on the project is sound. I think I have narrowed down the source of my problem. The project isn't corrupt; it may just be bloated with Conditional Tags.

I tried the following experiments:
            Publish All SSL (no conditional builds) to Desktop: Success
            Publish Parital SSL (apply about half) to Desktop: Hang up and Crash
            Publish Partial SSL (apply about half) to Network: Hang up and Crash
            Publish All SSL (no conditional builds) to Network: Hang up and Crash
            Publish All SSL (after deleting Conditional Builds) to Network: Success

So, while my problem isn't entirely solved, I at least know the source of it. My next step is to find out how to apply 1400-odd Conditional Builds without breaking the publish.

Kevin