2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2009 9:32 PM by jsulliva1957

Installation on Windows Server 2003

jsulliva1957

I am attempting to install  illustrator  CS4 onto my Windows Server 2003 Terminal server and I get an error:

"System Check

The minimum system requirments listed below are needed  to run Adobe Illustrator CS4 and are not met:

Windows XP Servoce Pack 2  and greater

Windows Vista

Please upgrade or adjust your system to meet the requirements."

I rang Adobe Support and their response is that they do not support server installations.

I cannot believe that an industry standard product cannot run on a terminal server.

Is there anyone out there who has solved this dilemma

Jim

• 1. Re: Installation on Windows Server 2003
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

jsulliva1957 wrote:

I cannot believe that an industry standard product cannot run on a terminal server.

Why should it? Servers usually have limited resource for graphics and other things and due to additional processes running, the performance may not be great at all, so why bother? From the point of allocating development effort it's more than logical that a company would not support a scenario that 1 out of 5000 people may use. Anyway, specific to your case you may wish to check the deployment info offered on the support pages and dev center. Within limits, the installs can be managed and the scripts modified, bypassing certain checks. This may possibly allow you to install the product ion your system. Be awre, though, that it then still would be an unsupported configuration and you cannot claim any support.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Installation on Windows Server 2003
            jsulliva1957 Level 1

It should be supported on Terminal Server because increasingly business are heading towards this type of model. Cloud computing is the future and that is a centralised model.

A well configured terminal server outperforms workstations, and gives a far greater ROI.....that is why Adobe should support this approach

It looks like Adobe does not support this model, which basically means that I have to make an exception and run a decentralised approach for this product or to  get a refund and use a more progressive product.