2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2008 7:28 AM by Newsgroup_User

QTP Automation

euxfhrm
      Our developers are developing Flex 3.0 web applications.
      We are trying to automate tests using the QTP Add-In developed by Adobe.
      Not one of their apps have yet have been testable by QTP. They have tried wrapping it multiple ways and deploying it multiple ways following Adobe's recommendations and documentation.
      Pieces can be automated but usually the most important pieces that are needed to populate the data grid can not be automated. Simple FlexTextArea controls will not allow QTP to Input text.

I found a total of 4 posts so far on this topic. What does a person have to do to get some help on this topic?

LostInDubuque
        • 1. Re: QTP Automation
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          I don't know, I think Adobe is great, especially when compared to other software companies. But I will give you this, often they don't go that extra mile to really truely make a difference in the lives of those that use their products. Most software companies are like this, but it sure is irritating! :-)
          • 2. Re: QTP Automation
            Level 7

"euxfhrm" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:g7027r$rao$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Our developers are developing Flex 3.0 web applications.
            > We are trying to automate tests using the QTP Add-In developed by Adobe.
            > Not one of their apps have yet have been testable by QTP. They have tried
            > wrapping it multiple ways and deploying it multiple ways following Adobe's
            > recommendations and documentation.
            > Pieces can be automated but usually the most important pieces that are
            > needed
            > to populate the data grid can not be automated. Simple FlexTextArea
            > controls
            > will not allow QTP to Input text.
            >
            > I found a total of 4 posts so far on this topic. What does a person have
            > to do
            > to get some help on this topic?

Try posting to the yahoo flexcoders group