4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2009 6:36 AM by digitalnasties

AF Corrupted File after render

digitalnasties

I am using Affter Effects cs3 up to date and Magic Bullet Letterbox with a 16 gig AVI file, after making a lettlebox avi file in DV mode the file come out corrupted after being rendered, anyone know have to fix this.

thanks.

• 1. Re: AF Corrupted File after render
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What DV? MS DV AVI, Canopus DV, Avid DV? Are you sure, your comp resolution is correct? Does the file render correctly without the effect applied? Is the source fiel intact?

Mylenium

• 2. Re: AF Corrupted File after render
            digitalnasties Level 1

Hi Mylenium

The original file is from Sony Vegas with the Panasonic DV-AVI codec (PAL), all small files render correctly, but i have a 90 minute file that when rendered produces the corrupt file, the format is still AVI-DV codec, if i rendered the file with the .DV formatt the files works ok, just not in the formatt i need.

• 3. Re: AF Corrupted File after render
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Could this be a limitation in the Panasonic-Codec perhaps? Very much sounds like a Bug in there that makes it go kaputt, if it exceeds a certain length or file size. Can you capture files in Vegas to that length with teh same CoDec?

Mylenium

• 4. Re: AF Corrupted File after render
                digitalnasties Level 1

Well the original file is 16 gig with the panasonic codec, i am just importing the full file into AFCS3 and using magic bullet letterbox to put black bars over the image to make it look like 2:35:1 widescreen, and exporting back to DV-AVI, as i have said before the small files work fine, even VLC media play can't fix the corrupt file, in sony vegas i have made bigger files using the same codec up 80gb,  from a VHS tape and that work fine too.