2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2009 4:35 PM by acath

FC best practice

zontaluma Level 1

All-

My FC app takes some time to compile.  When it does sometimes it's slow and choppy.  When I add pages to the app, and start developing those pages, moving assest around the stage is precarious.  Is it best to import pages or projects?  Things where fine until I added the tenth page.

• 1. Re: FC best practice
          acath Level 4

Hi,

Sounds like you're starting to hit some size-related performance problems. We are working on those. I'm not sure what you mean by "is it best to import pages or projects". Could you rephrase the question?

There are 2 things you can do to help speed up FC:

•   divide your projects into sub-components instead of using a lot of states

•   convert swaths of graphics into optimized graphics. Just select a chunk of graphics and choose "Convert to Optimized Graphic" in the HUD.

-Adam

• 2. Re: FC best practice
            acath Level 4

Hi,

Sounds like you're running into some of the speed problems we hit for larger projects. We're working on those...in the meanwhile, here are some things you can try:

1.  Divide your project into a lot of sub-components, each with a few states, rather than large components with many states.

2.  Convert large chunks of graphics to optimized graphics. You can do this in the HUD when you have a bunch of pure graphics (no components!) selected.

I didn't quite understand your question "is it best to import pages or projects". Can you rephrase?

-Adam