5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2009 7:25 AM by the_wine_snob

I'm happy

commalot Level 1

I installed Production Premium on my Core 2 Duo, updated everything, shot a minute of video with my new HF-S100, brought it up in Premiere CS4, used AME to encode a H.264 file at 8Mbps and uploaded to Vimeo. Everything worked great!http://www.vimeo.com/5751219 Just shot in Auto. It ain't Spielberg.

• 1. Re: I'm happy
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Now, you know the rule about not posting anything good about CS4 on these fora! People only come here to vent about their problems and bash Adobe.

Everything worked great!

That sounds good. It's nice to hear of success, as only failures of some sort often get reported.

In the words of the famous Eddie Lotter, "Happy Editing®"

Hunt

® Eddie Lotter, gatekeeper of the PrPro Wiki

• 2. Re: I'm happy
            commalot Level 1

Oh! I didn't know that rule. Well.......Just to be in compliance, PP did crash once the first time I started it up. But it's behaved perfectly since.

I think it was trying to load up all my music VSTs including Altiverb. It must have realized its mistake because it hasn't done it since.

• 3. Re: I'm happy
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              I think it was trying to load up all my music VSTs including Altiverb. It must have realized its mistake because it hasn't done it since.

Ah, VST's. Some can be rough for PrPro to deal with. A few, like Native Instruments can bring PrPro to its knees. On one hand, it's nice that PrPro goes out and finds VST's from other programs. It's nice that it can use many of these. With most of the ones that it cannot work with, it will give an error message the first time that it loads one, to the effect that "Premiere cannot work with VST _____.dll. Its features will not be available." That only showed up for me the first time that PrPro loaded each one. It still loads those (no error messages now), but to date, none has caused any issue.

Just be aware that there are some out there, that do NOT play well with PrPro. Eddie Lotter was working on a little "black list" program to keep PrPro from attempting to load some of the problematic ones. I do not know the disposition of that program now.

If you encounter some that cause problems, you will want to do a new post an mention "VST's." My guess is that Eddie will drop by and comment on ways to keep PrPro from stumbling over those, without having to ditch them completely, whenever you want to edit Video.

Good luck, and thank you for reporting some good news! Now I'm serious, compared to my previous post.

Hunt

• 4. Re: I'm happy
                commalot Level 1

It was just that first time that it happened. When Altiverb started to fire up it just crashed. The second time and all ensueing times I watched closely and it wasn't touching the VSTs.

• 5. Re: I'm happy
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Maybe it just learned its lesson. Ouch! Hot! Don't touch... That sort of thing.

Hunt