I am developing introductory training material for OSMF. Could you please help out by posting here regarding your experience?
Posts are needed from designers and developers who are both new to OSMF, or experienced with OSMF? (Also, please feel free to come back and post multiple times as you work further with OSMF :-)
Following are some suggested topics:
REGARDLESS IF NEW OR EXPERIENCED (all optional; please skip any that do not apply)
- Designer, Developer or Other? Are you primarily: a) a Designer; b) a Developer; c) both; d) other (please specificy)?
- Flash, Flex, pure ActionScript or Other? Which development tools and technologies are you working with OSMF with?
- Skill Level? For the development tools that you are working with OSMF with, what do you consider your general skill level to be: a) beginner; b) proficient; c) expert?
- Prior Video and/or Media Player Development? Have you built video players and/or other media players before using OSMF? If yes, do you consider yourself: a) beginner; b) proficient; or c) expert?
- Advertising? Do you have experience with web video advertising, including (but not limited to): in-video, pre-roll, post-roll and/or wrapper? (e.g. IAB.net's VAST and/or VPAID) If yes, do you consider yourself: a) beginner; b) proficient; or c) expert?
- Immediate Deliverable or Just Learning? Are you considering using OSMF for an immediate deliverable, or are you currently reviewing OSMF as general learning?
- Video Streaming? Might your OSMF project use streamed video (e.g. Flash Media Server (FMS))? If yes, might your OSMF project use either of the following FMS features: a) DVR, or b) Dynamic stream switching (aka multi-bit rate switching)?
- CDN? Might projects you use OSMF with need to integrate with media hosted on CDNs?
- FLVPlayback? Have you used the Flash FLVPlayback component in the past? If yes, do you: a) Love it!; b) Hate it!; c) indifferent (or it's ok for what it does).
NEW TO OSMF
If you are new to OSMF please post regarding what your are trying to figure out right now?
HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH OSMF
If you have already dug into OSMF, I would appreciate your posting your experience. Possibly including:
- What you feel are the keys to using OSMF? Key concepts? Key skills? Key prerequisite knowledge? Key other?
- Any concepts you found new? In working with OSMF, are there any concepts you encountered for the first time in your work with OSMF?
- Importantly, any aspect that you found difficult? Are there either tasks that are difficult in working with OSMF? Or ideas or "new ways of thinking" that were difficult *at first*?
- Plug-Ins. If you are familiar with OSMF plug-ins, might you: a) use plug-ins; b) create plug-ins; c) both use and create; d) neither use or createI
- Most Compelling? What do you find most compelling about OSMF?
- Won't Use? In what cases would you not use OSMF? Reasons why?
Thank you in advance to everyone who posts! :-)
As I move forward in getting the training material pulled together, I will post back with details.