4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2009 8:51 AM by Filmmaker42

Can I sell my old Adobe Premiere 6.0 software

Filmmaker42

Presently I'm using Premiere Pro CS3 Production Premium software. Earlier, I had purchased the Adobe Premiere 6.0 upgrade on E-bay, but never used the software because I decided to buy CS3. I also own Premiere 5.0 and Premiere Pro. Am I allowed to sell any of these older versions? I'm not sure what procedure I should follow...to be legal.

Thanks for any information.

Wendall

• 1. Re: Can I sell my old Adobe Premiere 6.0 software
          the_wine_snob Level 9

With a full-paid copy of the software and its license, so long as it has never been used in an upgrade path, Adobe makes it very easy for you to transfer that license. With the FAX'ing of a few forms and signatures, they will take care of the legal aspects for you.

Now, with an upgrade, there could be some differences. One would be the requirement that the purchasor owns a license for a previous version, and that it is upgradable. If this upgrade has never been used, I would assume that Adobe would also handle the sale of this product for you, with even less paperwork, as the transfer of the license would not be involved. I would contact Adobe Sales directly, just to make sure there is not some problem with the sale of this upgrade. I would also get info on what would be required (version-wise) for someone to use this product. That way, you can specify exactly what they are getting and how they can determine if they qualify for its use. I'd not want to sell anything, only to have the buyer find that it was useless to them, because they owned too old a previous version, or similar.

Adobe Sales has a department that does little else, but work with clients on license transfers.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Can I sell my old Adobe Premiere 6.0 software
            Filmmaker42 Level 1

Thank you Hunt.  I will follow your advice and contact the folks at

Adobe Sales.  Much appreciated.

Wendall

• 3. Re: Can I sell my old Adobe Premiere 6.0 software
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Wendell,

Good luck and please report back to this thread, as others can likely learn from your experience. The "upgrade" part is what makes me wonder a bit. I've only had dealings with full versions, that have never been used in an upgrade path, so this is "new ground" for me.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Can I sell my old Adobe Premiere 6.0 software
                Filmmaker42 Level 1

Will do Hunt and thanks again. The older versions are just sitting here

taking up space.

Wendall