I am new to flex(using flex 3). This is my first AIR app. here is what i want to achieve:
1. My AIR app loads a SWF(FP 09) which has action script 3.0 code in it. I use SWFLoader control to load the SWF file.
2. After loading the SWF, my app reads and changes variables in the loaded SWF file.
Now the issue which I am running into is:
1. When i run the app from flex builder(i.e. ctrl + F11) => my app works fine.
2. BUT WHEN I EXPORT IT AND INSTALL THE APP FROM THE .air INSTALLER AND THEN RUN THE APP => It loads the SWF file(since i can see it) but my loaded swf file does not play at all.
I suspect SECURITY ISSUES.
can anyone help me how to resolve this issue. Any help would be highly appreciated.
First of all thanks for your reply.
This is what i understand when you say,"Make sure SWFs are all in the same folder."
1. I install the AIR app via the .air installer at C:\Program Files\<app name>.
2. I see a <app name>.swf file here at C:\Program Files\<app name>
SO I WOULD PLACE MY CHILD SWF(that my app intends to load dynamically) AT C:\Program Files\<app name>. Am i understanding correctly?? if, yes then i did try this but sorry to say the child swf did not play after loading.
The strange thing is every thing works fine when i run my app from FB 3 but when i install it it does not...