I agree! It would be fantastic to have some sort of standard library of image processing functions. Especially access to a fast blur would make it easy to do lots of great things with very simple code.
I also thinks that most Photoshop's filters should be implemented as built in functions in Pixel Bender along with the Blending Modes.
Moreover, I wish that in Photoshop it would allow you to export a mask and few layers.
We've been thinking about some features like those since the beginning, but haven't been able to get them out yet. It is good to know that the community actually would like them. It will help us with our prioritization.
Keep the requests coming!
I can give you a list of requests :-). Here for a start:
- Much larger Vector and Matrices - Convolutions with a large kernels are nightmares at the moment.
- Better Array support so we could create our own Auxiliary images.
- Built In Convolution Function. Define input Matrix (Image, Sub Image, Array), Kernel (Matrix) and output Matrix. It has some problems (What's the function output, The whole support, only the main crop, How about the edges etc...).
- Some of Photoshop Built In Filters / Blending Modes etc...
That would be a nice start.
Thanks for caring and listening.
Since PB is already GPU accelerated, would it be hard to implement
stuff like flick-panning, animated zoom and birdseye
Kevin, got another 2, pretty important:
- Share Variables / Arrays between nodes. Meaning I'll be able to pass something I calculated in the current Node (Kernel) to the next one.
- Let, Somehow, Photoshop Pass the Image Size to, at least, a Graph.