2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2008 9:13 AM by Nicholas Avallone

Can't Click to Enter Empty Table Cell

Nicholas Avallone Level 1
      I recently upgraded to CS3 and discovered that I can't click to access an empty Table cell any more, if the Table has a Style applied and there is nothing in the cell (e.g. no P tag and no non-breaking space). My cursor doesn't change from arrow to insert when I mouse on the cell, and the code navigator (or whatever it's called at the bottom of the window) doesn't show deeper than the containing cell - in this case I see only <body><table.wrap>

Once I remove the Style, I can click to access the cell and enter contents normally.

This is very different (and clumsier) than DW MX2000. Is there some trick to this, apart from using Expanded Layout View? (which I dislike because it's not WYSIWYG)

I've noticed this behavior on other pages, too, so I don't think it's the Style itself, but I've attached the CSS that I applied to the Table. Note: the cell in question does not have any styling.
        • 1. Re: Can't Click to Enter Empty Table Cell
          Level 7
          Can you post a link to the page, please?

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"Nick202020202020" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g773q1$k4o$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I recently upgraded to CS3 and discovered that I can't click to access an
          >empty
          > Table cell any more, if the Table has a Style applied and there is nothing
          > in
          > the cell (e.g. no P tag and no non-breaking space). My cursor doesn't
          > change
          > from arrow to insert when I mouse on the cell, and the code navigator (or
          > whatever it's called at the bottom of the window) doesn't show deeper than
          > the
          > containing cell - in this case I see only <body><table.wrap>
          >
          > Once I remove the Style, I can click to access the cell and enter contents
          > normally.
          >
          > This is very different (and clumsier) than DW MX2000. Is there some trick
          > to
          > this, apart from using Expanded Layout View? (which I dislike because it's
          > not
          > WYSIWYG)
          >
          > I've noticed this behavior on other pages, too, so I don't think it's the
          > Style itself, but I've attached the CSS that I applied to the Table. Note:
          > the
          > cell in question does not have any styling.
          >
          >
          > .wrap
          > {
          > background-color: #FFFFFF;
          > padding: 0px 0px 24px;
          > border-top: solid #FFFFFF 18px;
          > border-right: solid #FFFFFF 36px;
          > border-left: solid #FFFFFF 36px;
          > border-bottom: solid #FFFFFF 36px;
          > }
          >

• 2. Re: Can't Click to Enter Empty Table Cell
            Nicholas Avallone Level 1
            Try this:

http://ifkidscouldvote.com/index_test2.htm

The red bar under the top pic is unclickable in DW CS3.