9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2009 4:08 PM by Nick_Hann

Fullscreen problem

Nick_Hann

I got a very similiar problem like here

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-21254

It describes an issue with the fullscreen mode of the videoplayer.

- After closing fullscreen the control bar is gone - (my case a skinned one)

I used that workarround there which worked so far so go BUT the control bar didnt have the right size anymore and was too long

After i could not find an solution to get it in the wanted size i decided just to put my whole application into fullscreen. (A button with the code below on click)

That also worked fine BUT after switching back Flash Player lost focus and i had to click twice the button to trigger fullscreen again.

Problems:

1. Control Bar after Fullscreen dissapear respectively is not right size

2. Flash Player loosing focus after setting stage to fullscreen

If anyone would know another hint or link please keep me updated.

Thank you very much.... Nicolas

====  <Code> ====

var fullScreenState:String;

if (stage.displayState == null || stage.displayState == StageDisplayState.NORMAL) {
            fullScreenState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;

} else {
            fullScreenState = StageDisplayState.NORMAL;
      }
      stage.displayState = this.fullScreenState;

====  </Code> ====

• 1. Re: Fullscreen problem
          saveth

Quite a few of the issues with fullscreen video have been cleared up in the recent builds of the SDK.

My recommendation is to use one of the nightly builds to see if your issue is fixed.

However, I currently have a ticket submitted for them to check in to why the buffered area progress bar isn't working in the nightly builds.

• 2. Re: Fullscreen problem
            rfrishbe Level 3

Nick,

I think this issue should be cleared up in more recent builds.  Please try one of them out and let us know if you're still seeing SDK-21254.

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+4

Thanks,

Ryan

• 3. Re: Fullscreen problem
              Nick_Hann Level 1

Hi Ryan,

thx for the advice I look into it right now. Only thing is how do I find out which SDK Version I use. I just use the build in on in Flash Builder that comes with it on download.

P.S.: I just switched from 3 to 4 a week ago.

• 4. Re: Fullscreen problem
                rfrishbe Level 3

You're probably on the beta 1 version of the SDK.  You can download a newer version of the SDK and use it with your copy of Flash Builder.  Check out http://blog.flexexamples.com/category/nightly-builds/ for info on this.

-Ryan

• 5. Re: Fullscreen problem
                  Nick_Hann Level 1

Hi Ryan,

seems like the server is down to download the SDK's. I got an system error while I tried. I keep you informed as soon as I get the last nightly build and installed it.

Nick

• 6. Re: Fullscreen problem
                    Peter deHaan Level 4

To find out which build number of the Flex SDK you are using, check out http://blog.flexexamples.com/2008/10/29/determining-your-flex-sdk-version-number/

Or the short answer is <mx:Label text="{mx_internal::VERSION}" />

Peter

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Fullscreen problem
                      Nick_Hann Level 1

Hi Peter,

thx for your advice. I saw u answered to Mathews problem before. So maybe you can help me with that. I figured out that it is that disappear problem he wrote there. But I didnt get the solution how to fix it. I tried one of the nightly builds but it didnt work at all. I checked for the one missing swc file as well just copied it it compiled but there was another error. I wont loose myself in details now. So just to make it quick and shot:

Which nightly build do you recommend so that this videoplayer problem is solved and no other problems will come. Currently I am using 7219 (comes with the Flash builder) I tried to work with 8811 which as I said gave me other errors. So is there anyone in between you would recommend? I gonna try 7449 right now if it is possible in anyway to get it? Or can i just get those 10 nightly ones u see at the adobe page? Somehow possible to do a check out on a former version?

Thanks a lot ... Nicolas

P.S.: I did read the post how to install nightly builds and what u need to check to get them run.

• 8. Re: Fullscreen problem
                        Peter deHaan Level 4

Nick,

Personally I always work with the latest nightly builds as much as possible. A lot has changed between beta1 (4.0.0.7219) and the current/latest nightly build of 4.0.0.8811.

I think the downloads page only lists the last 10 or so builds. You may get lucky if you try changing the URL, but I doubt it. It may be easiest to just try and sync to a specific version using SVN (or TortoiseSVN or whatever your client of choice is), and then build the trunk yourself. But ultimately you'd want your code to compile in the latest (and greatest) version of the Flex 4 SDK anyways, so testing in 74xx may not prove much.

There is http://blog.flexexamples.com/2009/07/13/downloading-and-installing-flex-4-sdk-builds-from- opensource-adobe-com-flash-builder-4-beta-edition/ which outlines a couple minor issues you may encounter when using nightly SDK builds with Flash Builder 4.

And it is also probably helpful to check out http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Rename+List which lists most of the "recent" SDK API Rename List for SDK builds after 7756.

I would probably just stick with 8811 (or whatever recent API you have) and try working through the errors one by one and post questions on the forum if you get stuck or need help with a specific error message.

Peter

1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Fullscreen problem
                          Nick_Hann Level 1

Hi Peter,

thx for ur reply again. Actually I figured it out. It works all great now. Even with the 7219 right now. I am not that deep into it yet that I think I gonna have to switch to another unstable release. To be honest. I am a student for engineering and this flexing is just a hobby of mine (great that i got an education license so) and I actually do this for fun because I like it. So yeah I prefer to get my stuff done with a stable 7219. But yeah the 8811 is installed so I gonna compile it and see how it goes.

My problem was that inside of the Scrubbar skin that was resizing depending on the video size one element was set to 100%

so as soon as it got wider it could not size back. So I changed the width=100% to a left=0 and right=0 and the resizing worked.

So how i fixed it just in case other people read this:

This part is from Matthew Finitz, so I dont wanna take credit for it. Just if someone search for it here I post it again.

There is a bit of explanation there but if u have any questions just let me know.

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-21254

I used it inside a skin which also works so I changed it a bit. Thats the way for inside a skin:

======================= Code =======================

<s:skin .......

creationComplete="creationCompleteHandler(event)">

import mx.binding.utils.BindingUtils;

private function creationCompleteHandler(event:FlexEvent):void

{
                               BindingUtils.bindProperty(this, "VisBlocker", this.playerControls, "visible");
                          }

public function set VisBlocker(value:Boolean):void
                          {
                               if(this.currentState.indexOf("fullScreenStates") == -1)
                               {
                                    this.playerControls.visible = true;

}
                          }

<s:states>

<s:State name="connectionError" stateGroups="normal"/>

<s:State name="disabled" stateGroups="normal"/>

<s:State name="disconnected" stateGroups="normal"/>

<s:State name="fullScreenConnectionError" stateGroups="fullScreenStates"/>

<s:VideoElement id="videoElement"

<s:Group id="playerControls"

</s:Skin>