2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2009 12:49 PM by Alephbetgimmel

printing pdf documents

Alephbetgimmel

I had problems viewing pdf docs and successfully downloaded version 7.0.9 onto my Windows 2000 Professional.

However, I cannot print from the print button ( I get a message saying "This document cannot be printed") I can only print  from the File menu using the print option, although even here I receive a message saying "Some settings may not be valid in this application".

I have been told by Brother that this is definitely a query for Adobe!

Can anyone help me?

• 1. Re: printing pdf documents
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Read 9.1 is compatible with Windows 2000 SP4. Is there any reason to use an older and security compromised version of Reader? A newer version of Reader may not have the problem.

• 2. Re: printing pdf documents
            Alephbetgimmel Level 1

Many thanks.

I have SP4 and have successfully downloaded Adobe Read 9.1. I can now print directly from the print button as well as from File/print.

I just seem to have one residual small problem. With both print modes  a dialogue box comes up to say "some settings may not be valid in this application" I close down this dialogue box and it then proceeds to print.

However, what can I do to get rid of this irritating little box!?

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:46:46 -0600

To: jrlevy@hotmail.co.uk

Subject: printing pdf documents

Read 9.1 is compatible with Windows 2000 SP4. Is there any reason to use an older and security compromised version of Reader? A newer version of Reader may not have the problem.

>