1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 26, 2009 11:36 AM by Mylenium

Audio+Video Issue in AE CS3

ByronAgain

I'll start off with the Audio issue first, because i can't even get a signal at all yet.

I searched through some other threads and read some information and tried this:

1. Checked Audio Hardware, has correct soundcard settings.

2. Checked Auido Mapping, has correct settings.

In the top right corner there is a green audio DB meter, but when i import a movie and push play,

the movie will playback with no audio, and no movement in the green audio DB meter.

I pushed LL before playback, and i can see the actual soundwave as the movie plays back,

but still no audio.

The soundcard is a M-audio Firewire Solo, and works great with Adobe audition.

I even used "edit in adobe audition" through AE, and the sound came out fine in audition.

The video problem i am having, is after i installed AE CS3, on the first run it came up

with a message saying CS3 was not compatible with my video card, so it disabled some

setting, (which i could later turn on in preferences?) i don't remember what setting it was talking

about, but i believe it had something to do with OpenGL.

Either way, video playback does work, but when i try to put certain effects over the video,

it seems to run very sluggish.

The video card is a ATI Radeon HD4850.

My system us running XP sp3 with 2x2gb Ram.

thanks.

• 1. Re: Audio+Video Issue in AE CS3
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

In the top right corner there is a green audio DB meter, but when i import a movie and push play,

the movie will playback with no audio, and no movement in the green audio DB meter.

I pushed LL before playback, and i can see the actual soundwave as the movie plays back,

but still no audio.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/423108?tstart=0

The video problem i am having, is after i installed AE CS3, on the first run it came up

with a message saying CS3 was not compatible with my video card, so it disabled some

setting, (which i could later turn on in preferences?) i don't remember what setting it was talking

about, but i believe it had something to do with OpenGL.

You have a misconfiguration of your graphics card driver. That card by all means should have enough juice to run with OpenGL. Try a newer one/ different one/ flip a few switches.

Either way, video playback does work, but when i try to put certain effects over the video,

it seems to run very sluggish.

What effects and what source footage? Some effects are just slow and decoding certain footage types can just as well be slow, even more so with no hardware acceleration available. Could be perfectly normal behavior....

Mylenium