9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2009 8:22 AM by the_wine_snob

where's my toolbar?

guy catelli

i just acquired Premiere Elements 7.  i can't find the toolbar -- not even in the drop-down menu under "window".  "Restore Workspace" doesn't help either.

• 1. Re: where's my toolbar?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What toolbar are you looking for, Guy? There is one in Photoshop Elements -- but not in Premiere Elements.

(The closest is the Titles Toolbox, in the Title workspace.)

From your screenshot, everythign that's supposed to be there is there.

• 2. Re: where's my toolbar?
            guy catelli Level 1

yes, it's the titles toolbar i'm talking about.  it seems to open when default title is first chosen.  but,once it's gone, how do i bring it back without opening a new title frame -- which i don't want.

• 3. Re: where's my toolbar?

It is part of the titles creation workspace, and that is the only place it is available.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: where's my toolbar?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

If you have lost a Toolbar, use Window>Workspace, and choose a Custom setting, or one of the defaults. Your Toolbar will likely return.

Once you have the layout, as you wish, do a Save Workspace and name ti something that works for you. If you loose anything, go to that Custom Workspace.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: where's my toolbar?

Sorry, Hunt. But because the Titles Toolbox is part of the Titling area, it is the only place where it is available.

• 6. Re: where's my toolbar?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Correct. Where I was wrong is that the Toolbox, and the Styles are not separate Panels, as in PrPro. There, you can click the X (upper-right) to remove them. The way to get them back is with the Workspace. In PE, they are built into the Titler, so my suggestion will have no effect in PE - they are there, when the Titler is open. Most easily done by Dbl-clicking a Title.

Sorry to confuse programs there,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: where's my toolbar?
                      guy catelli Level 1

"they are there, when the Titler is open. Most easily done by Dbl-clicking a Title."

thanks, Hunt -- i'll remember that.

• 8. Re: where's my toolbar?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

We both learned something here.

I had never paid close attention to the physical GUI of the PE Titler, until Steve made mention. I realized that it is different than what I use most often in PrPro. There, Titler is really about four Panels, docked in one Pane. Each Panel can be turned on/off, though I normally have them all on, when working with Titles, and just close Titler on my laptop. On my workstation with dual 21" monitors, I leave it open all of the time, and just cascade it with my Program Monitor and my Project Panel. Can't do that on a 17" laptop.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: where's my toolbar?
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Based on your attached screen-cap, it appears that you are working in Sceneline View. At some point, you will want to explore Timeline View. It really unleashes the power of PE. It may seem a bit imposing, or alien, at first, but once you get used to it, you'll only go to Sceneline View for just the basics, when you begin a Project.

Steve's book on PE7 exposes most of that power.

Good luck,

Hunt