2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2009 6:26 PM by yalaharoy

Have Acrobat 7.0 Pro then Downloaded Reader 9 - old docs cannot be modified now

NO Dan

I can create and save docs with Acrobat as normal.

When saved documents are opened, it is opened by the new reader and I lose all of the functions of Acrobat.

Am I therefore forced to buy the Acrobat Update to version 9 or is there a fix so that I retain the Acobat functionality but can use the new Reader 9?

I downloaded the new reader because I was unable to open some pdf files online with my old reader - that took care of the problem but caused the above problem.

Thank you for any help!

• 1. Re: Have Acrobat 7.0 Pro then Downloaded Reader 9 - old docs cannot be modified now
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Adobe neither recommends nor supports two Acrobat/Reader products on the same computer. Due to issues you are having and other issues that occur as well. I would recommend upgrading to Acrobat 9. If you are not ready to upgrade yet, you need to remove one program and re-install the other.

• 2. Re: Have Acrobat 7.0 Pro then Downloaded Reader 9 - old docs cannot be modified now
            yalaharoy Level 1

Adobe’s Security Advisory APSA09-03 begins:

A critical vulnerability exists in the current versions of Flash Player (v9.0.159.0 and v10.0.22.87) for Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems, and the authplay.dll component that ships with Adobe Reader and Acrobat v9.x for Windows, Macintosh and UNIX operating systems. This vulnerability (CVE-2009-1862) could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. There are reports that this vulnerability is being actively exploited in the wild via limited, targeted attacks against Adobe Reader v9 on Windows.

michael adobe has a real problem (adobe 9.1.1) i ran the that program to uninstall 9.1.1 and it no longer shows in add/remove but it is still on my pc. i google'd adobe and found the above. i tried removeing adobe flash and my anti virus poped up warning me flash is attempting to copy it's self to multiple locations on my computer.

i qurinteened it and now add/remove says it is still there and when i try to remove it says it will remove from my add/remove list but not my computer

any idea how to get adobe's attention they got a problem. search the web. a whole lot of people have been hit only worded a little different