Chances look pretty good: http://blogs.adobe.com/flex/archives/2009/07/flex_4_beta_update_1.html
We've therefore decided that we need some more time to take your feedback into account, and are going to release a second public beta this fall. This will give us an opportunity to make the enhancements required, and get additional feedback from the community. Given the second beta, we anticipate the release of Flex 4 and Flash Builder 4 to move from late 2009 to early 2010.
what is necessary to get into a pre-release program or what not so we get updated environments or something similar to what you have that is not broken? Several of us use this 8hrs a day (or should I say, would like to).
If you believe you'd provide valuable feedback to us (filing bugs, taking new builds and quickly turning around answers to our questions and surveys) you can mail me with your name, company, and email address at email@example.com. If we think you fit the bill we can look into adding you.