5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2009 6:51 AM by the_wine_snob

How to I reset Premiere to export in HDV instead of DV

rowby Level 1

Hello,

I was working on a project where I had to do some SD editing,  I found a link somewhere on the net (I wish I saved it) that said how to set your export settings to SD.

For example in the "Export Settings" dialog box my choices are strictkly DV

Example:the PResets are:

NTSC DV

NTSC DV Widescreen

NTSC DV Widescreen 24p

etc.

Nowhere in the dropdown do I have my HDV choices.

As I recall there was a link *somewhere* in the Adobe Premiere CS4 workspace where I had set the settings to DV-- but I can't find find it and I've clicked *everywhere*

Thanks for any help.

...Rowby

• 1. Re: How to I reset Premiere to export in HDV instead of DV
          the_wine_snob Level 9

There seems to be an installer bug, where some Presets get "lost." Harm Millard has replied to several of these threads with explicit details on what needs to be done to "reclaim" all of your Presets. I'd do a search on "presets" and in Options, check "People" and plug in Harm Millard. You will soon find his instructions. I think he replied to at least two such similar posts.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How to I reset Premiere to export in HDV instead of DV
            rowby Level 1

Hi Hunt,

Thanks for helping me on this thing.

Here's the link to Harm's solution in case anyone else needs it.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2099170#2099170

I have also contacted Harm on another forum.  I am hoping there might be simplier solution than the one suggested in the above link.  But I have no choice, then I will follow Harm's suggestion.

If I have any additional helpful info I will post it on this thread.

...Rowby

• 3. Re: How to I reset Premiere to export in HDV instead of DV
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              I have also contacted Harm on another forum.

Is that like shining the Bat Light into the sky over Gotham?

Glad that you got the link. I got tied up and did not have the opportunity to do the search. You are ahead of me on this one.

Hope that he does have an easier way to handle this.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: How to I reset Premiere to export in HDV instead of DV
                Harm Millaard Level 7

Rowby, I have replied to you on the other forum, with a copy to your e-mail adress.

Unfortunately I have no other solution. There have been posts indicating a short-cut, but that only worked if you had a faulty installation to start with. IMO it is better to first repair this faulty installation than trying workarounds, that may save some time now, but may cause problems in the future because the faulty installation remains.

Bill, as you know my native language is Dutch. English is only an acquired taste, so to speak. Can you enlighten me on your statement:

Is that like shining the Bat Light into the sky over Gotham?

because I don't understand it.

• 5. Re: How to I reset Premiere to export in HDV instead of DV
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  Bill, as you know my native language is Dutch. English is only an acquired taste, so to speak. Can you enlighten me on your statement:

Harm,

In the DC Comics series Batman, when the "caped crusader," Batman, was needed, a large searchlight with the Bat emblem was shown in the skys of the fictional Gotham City. Batman would see the signal and come to fight evildoers. In this case, you are Batman, and coming to the rescue, as soon as the Bat Light is shown in the skies above Adobe City.

Especially in the later motion picture releases in the Batman series, there are both some interesting special effects and some great sound. The BD releases are outstanding.

Sorry for the confusion,

Hunt