3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2009 3:33 AM by Sean_Wilson

Permanently changing the position of a sprite

schaeffe

I've used the set locv command to change the position of a puppeted sprite. It changes it just fine on the satge. However, when I stop the movie and rest to the first frame, the sprite jumps back to its original location on the stage. How do I make the change in position permanent?

• 1. Re: Permanently changing the position of a sprite
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

How do I make the change in position permanent?

You can select the sprite in the score/on the stage in the authoring environment, while the movie is stopped, and move it to where you'd like it, but I suspect you're asking for something different but aren't providing enough detail. You could use score recording (see 'beginRecording' in the help), or use the #beginSprite event to position a sprite before it's initially drawn.

• 2. Re: Permanently changing the position of a sprite
            schaeffe Level 1

Thanks for your quick reply. What I am doing is this: I have a script 

on a button. When I play the movie, the script moves a sprite on the 

stage to a certain location (using "set the locv of..." command). The 

sprite moves as expected. However, when I stop the movie and then 

"rewind" it, the moved sprite jumps back to its original location. I 

would like the location that the script moves it to to become its 

permanent location.

• 3. Re: Permanently changing the position of a sprite
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional
              I would like the location that the script moves it to to become its 

permanent location.

So read the help around score recording, or "remember" where it finished and start it from there in the #beginSprite event