1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 28, 2009 3:35 AM by ShardulSingh

Multiple Request Handling in Flex

Sangeetha AV

Hi all,

I have a requirement to update multiple columns. I select a particular enter a value and click enter ,then select the next cell and continue this process as fast as I can. Somtimes the values entered maybe correct soemtimes it might be wrong. If it is wrong an alert message is shown.

My issue is that before a response for one update reaches back to the client the user would have done another update. Finally the entire updates get messed up and alerts dont show up on time. Moreover after DB update the updated row doesnt get populated correctly.

In case of wrong values alerts are shown and the value is cleared from the cell and focus is retained there. When multiple updates come the focus changes from the existing column to move to the erroneous one, of which the user is not aware.

What is wrong with multiple updates . Is there anything to be done to prevent this?

• 1. Re: Multiple Request Handling in Flex
          ShardulSingh Level 3

Hi,

I think you should not ask for a server call on the change of the every cell.Instead after doing muliple updates u should separetly and externally

ask for the 'Save' and then only should give the server call.Other wise the delay will always betweent the server response and interaction on the

client side.  And regareding the focus losting form the selected cell, did you overrided the set data method inside every item Renderer.If not

then pls add the code below inside your ItemRenderers.

<mx:Script>

<![CDATA[

override

{

super.data = value;

}

]]>

</mx:Script>

Pls let me know if you have any further querry.

with Regards,

Shardul Singh Bartwal

public function set data(value:Object):void