2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2010 10:13 AM by burntpepperoni

Premiere Multiple Multicam Interview Workflow?

burntpepperoni

I have just finished shooting 10 interviews, with 3 cameras each. The interviews will be the main components in 2 seperate pieces with differing lengths and slant.

I want to be able to assemble my footage in the smartest way in order to edit efficiently.

Do I figure out which clips I want, cut them out into their own individual timelines then multicam that as best I can and reassemble the footage into the main piece?

Will I then still be able to make signifiant changes to the multicamed pieces if they've been moved to another timeline?

I had considered taking the A camera footage, editing that to where I want it for spoken content, then dropping in the other camera clips (also edited like the A footage) and multicaming from there.

One huge problem I wrestle with is that I am only editing and my producers could decide to make major changes both in content and mood based on the amount of milk in their coffee each morning. So, of course, I want as much flexibility as possible.

I feel like I'm asking for the moon. But I guess if I could just get an idea of how people normally assemble their multicam projects that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Also, should I be color correcting beforehand or when all the footage is together on a final timeline and I can see it all compared to one another?

Message was edited by: burntpepperoni