0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2009 8:04 AM by mls735

Flash is Slowing Way Down!

i have Flash CS3 and recently (i'd say over the past 3 or 4 months) Flash has been slowing way down as the size of my fla file increases. by slowing down, i mean the time it takes to create a new movie clip (or graphic) takes several seconds to process, undoing an operation (Ctrl-z) can take several seconds, etc.  i'm finding that how much it slows down correlates with increasing the number of movie clips (and graphics) in the Library (regardless of the complexity of the graphics). the thing is, it never use to do this, even on very large fla's with large libraries.  I use Vista and have plenty of memory.

i decreased the number of Undo levels to just 15 to see if that would help, but it didn't. i heard some people who had similar troubles switching the compatibility view to Windows XP Service Pack 2. i tried that as well, but that didn't help.  Other Adobe CS3 programs like Photoshop and Illustrator work just fine.  again, Flash worked fine for well over a year before this problem began to occur.

if anyone can help at all, i would greatly appreciate it!!!