4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2009 7:45 PM by shaquille110

Security Issues with Flash Player 9

fredbo66

I created a swf embedded on a web document and hosted on our local server. I have no problem previewing and playing it on flash player 10 but whenever I attempted to play the same swf in flash player 9 I'm getting a popup security warning. I went ahead and registered it on the Adobe website but still with no success. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions regarding my dillema?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: Security Issues with Flash Player 9
          Philter

More information would be helpful like what exactly does the error say, are both the swf and the embedding page located on the same server, what exactly is the swf doing (ie, is it trying to make a call to another server)?

• 2. Re: Security Issues with Flash Player 9
            fredbo66 Level 1

The swf is embedded on a web page that is hosted on the same local server/network. The swf file has audios as well as links to websites that would open on a pop up window when a button is clicked. When the swf is playing and the button is clicked this Flash warning dialogue box (Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation. The following local application on your computer or network: C:\User\Alfredo Cay\Desktop\...\01_future.swf is trying to communicate with this Internet-embedded location: C:\User\Alfredo Cay\Desktop\...\01_future.html To let this application communicate with the Internet, click Settings. You must restart the application after changing your settings.) appears.

I did go to the Adobe website and added the file and folder to the Global Security Settings panel but still with no success.

It seems that this security warning only appears when I am using Flash Player 9 but not Flash Player 10. Any thoughts? Do you have any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

A.

• 3. Re: Security Issues with Flash Player 9
              robinr303

Hi, I'm having the same issues, never seen it before and I publish flash files all the time. The only scenario that is different is that I happen to be publishing player 8. This is extremely buggy considering I've published hundreds of swf files. Did you ever find out what the problem was?

• 4. Re: Security Issues with Flash Player 9
                shaquille110

I am having the same issue, one of the Adobe employees are helping me with it.

here is the thread

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/475181?tstart=0